|Quick Stanley, close your eyes! |
This page contains information that may spoil the game for people who haven't played it. Read at your own discretion.
|“||The Narrator is not present for most of this ending... or is he?||”|
Obtaining the Ending
Exit Stanley's Office. At the 2 doors, pick the one on the left. Once you get to the staircase, go up to the Boss's Office. Enter it slowly, and quickly step back when they begin to close.
When the doors to the Boss' Office close, the Narrator goes completely silent, indicating that he may or may not be trapped inside the room. Unable to progress, Stanley must backtrack through the re-acessable office until he reaches his own. A door will have opened where Employee 428's office would have been, revealing a black space.
Stepping into the abyss, Stanley will enter a room with a large sign reading "YOU ARE NOW LEAVING". Continuing on, he will discover an inaccessible elevator, with another sign reading "ESCAPE POD - FLOOR 760. Stanley traverses up several floors and flights of stairs until he reaches the 760th floor, where one last sign (detailing how the Narrator and Stanley must both be present for the ending to play out as intended) awaits him. Entering another black abyss, the escape pod opens in anticipation, but before Stanley can reach it, the game breaks before restarting.
With The Bucket
If Stanley is holding The Bucket, the ending plays out identically. However, once Stanley is able to reach the escape pod, he instead inserts the The Bucket into it after caressing it lovingly. The pod closes, Stanley is left alone in the dark and the game restarts itself.
After this reset, The Bucket will no longer be on its pedestal. If the game is restarted again, a "Replacement Bucket" will be put its place. The Narrator will ask Stanley to "try not to lose this one".
Achieving this specific variant of the ending also seems to make the escape pod, with The Bucket inside, appear during the Epilogue. Retrieving it from there makes it appear in the office once again.
- It is unknown how the same rooms and desks from the Office repeat in the windows right of the Escape Corridors.
- Using console commands, Floor 753 and 752 can be accessed.
- The ending will break if you enter the right door first, then detour to the left door. You can break the ending by jumping out of the window when you're back at the office after backtracking. Sometimes, the Narrator lets you go back to your office without triggering the Coward Ending; if you do that during the ending, the ending will break again. You can also break the ending if you get the blue shaped office and you do the Whiteboard Ending.
- In the Ultra Deluxe version, using the detour does not break the game.
- Grabbing the Bucket after trapping the Narrator in the Boss' Office triggers him to speak. This may mean that the Narrator is actually present throughout this ending.
- In Ultra Deluxe, the Out of Map Ending is blocked by an invisible wall, preventing the player to go through the window.
- Some fans of The Stanley Parable have created their own version of the Ending. Here are some examples.
Does not require the Two Doors Room