The Watching Man, (also known as aman in the files or Airport Man) is a strange man who can sometimes be seen watching Stanley in endings such as the No Buckets Ending and the Bucket version of the Elevator Ending. He can also be seen very briefly in the Maintenance room in this trailer at the 0:12 mark. Not much is known about him.
It is unknown if The Watching Man works at the company or not, since the Narrator erased all of Stanley's coworkers. It is possible he could be The Boss, but this is unlikely because The Boss is seen to wear a suit with a red tie, and The Watching Man wears a grey suit jacket.
The Watching Man does not appear in the game randomly. In fact, here are the only ways you can encounter him.
- Yes or No
- Yes or No
Doing so correctly will cause the Watching Man to appear on an elevated balcony behind you.
3 Ending: During the elevator ride to the press conference, the Elevator will pass several other rooms in the building. One of them is illuminated by red lighting, and there is a garage with the Man standing next to a cargo truck.
- The character model for the Watching Man is called aman in the game files, and it was found to be short for Airport Man.
- The Watching Man was found in a trailer for The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe by a comment on this video, where most of the information on this page came from.
- The Watching Man's model and textures were found and posted to reddit, which can be found here.
- Excluding the accolades trailer, The Watching Man can only be seen in endings that require the Bucket.
- Some people have confused the Watching Man with the secret walking Stanley lookalike that can sometimes be seen in one of the Office windows, but there is no apparent connection between them.